How Organizing Gets Done
Here's the method to my madness:
1. Imagine your goals. Why do you want to get organized?
2. Assess what you have, what you want, and what you need for that particular space.
3. Work out where your things will live. Everything needs a home, whether that's in your house or elsewhere.
4. Play with different ways of storing that feel good to you.
5. Put the plan into action and make your space YOURS!
But there's no time!
According to the American Demographics Society, Americans waste 9 million hours per day searching for misplaced items. By tidying your space, we can prevent these problems.
I am efficient. Let's do it ONCE and make it effective. Let my brain do the work!
But I don't even know where to start!
Luckily, I do!
This feeling of overwhelm is SO common. I promise to make this painless and efficient (it's my specialty.) Let's start small and work together to tackle the problem areas together.
But I've been organized before. I always relapse.
The reasons for relapse are known. Many times it's because the organization style isn't truly yours. My plan is to work myself out of a job as quickly as possible. My brain LOVES finding new ways to organize for my clients! I work with YOUR brain and YOUR needs to make a plan that works for YOU.
But I don't want to throw out my stuff!
Organizing and tidying need not necessarily equate to throwing items away. There are lots of good reasons to hold on to items.
Bottom line, I want you to feel good about your space. You choose what to keep and what to toss.